Last week I trekked with one of the HRA Doctors from Pheriche around to Ama Dablam base camp and then down to Pangboche for the night. The idea was to get some images of Ama Dablam from base camp before it gets busy for the season and with lots of snow on the ground. I needed to carry everything that I would need for the overnight stay in Pangboche as well as my camera kit.
Just before heading out to Nepal I picked up the Mind Shift Gear, rotation180° Professional backpack to carry my gear. So I loaded the pack up with everything I would need, whilst still trying to travel light. A full review of this pack will be coming soon, but so far I’m very impressed, especially by how comfy it is fully laden.
- Nikon: D4 – 70-300mm Lens attached
- Nikon: D800 – 24-70mm f2.8 Lens attached
- Nikon: 16mm f2.8 Fisheye
- GoPro: Hero 3+ Black
- Mindshift Gear: Filter Hive – Polariser, ND4, ND10, Spare UV filter
- Gorillapod: SLR Tripod
- ThinkTank: CF Card Wallet
- Trigger Trap: Mobile Dongle
- iPhone 5s in OtterBox Defender Case
- Rab: Andes 800 sleeping bag
- Rab: Neutrino Endurance down jacket
- Rab: Mountain Dru waterproof jacket
- Rab: Vapour-rise jacket
- Rab: Beanie
- Cliff bars: Emergency food
- Grivel: Air Tech Evo Ice Axe
- New Trent: Battery charger
- Notebook + pens
- LED Lenser: SEO 7R head torch
- Leatherman: Wave multitool
- North Face: E-tip gloves
- Julbo: Dirt sunglasses
Note: Affiliate link above, this helps support me, and costs you nothing extra!
Between now and May 15th, when you purchase a backpack from MindShift Gear via the above link, you can submit a rebate form and receive for free one of their popular House of Cards CF/SD card holders.